These 3 Swamp Cooler Tips Can Prevent Mold Growth
How To Reduce Mold Possibilities
A leaking swamp cooler is a common source of mold inside your Arlington, LA, home. This appliance, also known as evaporative cooler, can bring some needed comfort during hot and dry weather. However, since it increases the humidity in the area, it also creates the best mold growth atmosphere. If you use this device, learn more about how you can reduce mold possibilities.
1. Schedule Regular Maintenance
Since a swamp cooler is supposed to raise your residence's moisture, there is a strong chance that mold can build up and grow where there is no supervision. Avoid this situation by inspecting and cleaning the unit. It may be slightly annoying, but it can stop any mold from developing inside the components. It also never hurts to have professionals check and maintain the unit. They might find and fix a potential problem before it escalates.
2. Fix Issues Fast
Just like any device, this type of cooler is not invulnerable to the occasional breakdown. Not only do mechanical or electrical failures stop your home's cool air, but a leaking swamp cooler also results in mold damage. If you notice a leak, a rupture or unusual noises, contact a repair technician to handle the problem immediately. If you believe the fungus is already there, bring in mold remediation specialists to safely handle the infestation.
3. Use Under Dry Conditions Only
The main purpose of an evaporative cooler is to cool a dry area by using water evaporation. Therefore, it is only intended for areas that actually need moisture. If there is enough humidity or you do not live in a dry area, you should not be operating the cooler. Using the device under these conditions greatly increases humidity to the point where mold is likely to grow. Explore other cooling options such as an air conditioner.
Swamp coolers provide excellent relief when dry and hot temperatures hit Arlington, LA. Use these devices carefully and responsibly so that boosted moisture or a leaking swamp cooler do not lead to mold growth.